- TECHNOLOGY, MEDIA & TELECOMMUNICATIONS
PICTURES OF THE FUTURE – A LOOK INTO THE MINING INDUSTRY IN 2030
PERIOD: 2009– ONGOING
Siemens wanted to develop a vision of the future of the mining industry
Siemens uses Pictures of the Future (PoF) projects on a regular basis as the key methodology to inform roadmap planning. But from an organizational perspective, the key challenge for the Corporate Technology department was to ensure that the results would be valued and integrated into business and technology roadmaps by internal customers – the business groups.
On an operational level, recurring challenges throughout Pictures of the Future (PoF) projects include alignment, timely input gathering, and the synthesis of results and opinions across multiple stakeholders on the
Creating Pictures of the Future for the Mining Industry in 2030. It highlights future business impacts and informs business and technology roadmaps by combining proven traditional methods with new state-of-the art digital research approaches.
- Trend analysis: In-depth, structured market and trend analysis combining TD Reply’s data-driven trend research solution SONAR and expert interviews to identify and quantify key trends
- Hypotheses development: Extrapolation of trend developments, including time horizon and regional aspects, based on expert hypotheses
- Business impacts: Derivation and evaluation of future impacts for the mining industry and for Siemens
- Scenario development: Description and visualization of future scenarios as a basis for business and technology roadmaps