A data-driven business transformation process to support Döhler’s innovation and application development.
PROJECT COVER SUMMARY
Döhler is one of the most innovative producers and marketers of ingredients. As such, they would like executable and innovative methods allowing them timely, customized, and detailed consumer insights that can ultimately guide innovation and application development. Hence, they are in the process of exploring ways to initiate a company-wide, data-driven business transformation process. This includes the identification of action fields and opportunities, an assessment of current smart data readiness, and the development of a smart data roadmap culminating in a data service dashboard, as well as the identification of topics that can be developed outside of Döhler’s core business.
In the process of exploring new and innovative ways to initiate a data-driven transformation process, Döhler has three key objectives:
- Enhancing the decision-making process through data-driven transparency
- Improving consumer/customer/competitor intelligence by identifying action fields and opportunities
- Initiating a data-driven business transformation process by implementing a company-wide smart data solution across the entire value chain
- Understanding and assessing the current smart data readiness and information needs of each department, and the development of a smart data roadmap
- Exploring new data sources and methods to gain insights and evaluate the business value
- Gathering and analyzing new data in order to identify growth opportunities and action fields (e.g. data as a service) that can be developed outside of Döhler’s core business for commercialization with partners, customers, etc.
Market Intelligence Dashboard
The automated dashboard reflects company-specific use cases allowing the comparison of different brand and ingredient KPIs to identify market opportunities and trigger innovations and sales. Furthermore, the dashboard provides cross-cutting approaches that ensure holistic ecosystem-based management, including customer, competitor, sourcing, and processing views. The comprehensive source set includes a wide range of data, including Euromonitor data and Mintel insights, as well as buzz and search data.